04 March 2010

In My Mailbox (002)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren and it explores the contents of my mailbox or shopping bag on a weekly basis. Here's what I acquired this week:

From the library:
  1. Intertwined by: Gena Showalter
  2. Gone by: Lisa McMann (Wake trilogy)
  3. Bad Apple by: Laura Ruby
  4. Good Girls by: Laura Ruby
I didn't expect to get Bad Apple and Good Girls for awhile because I just put the books on hold last night! I've never read a book from Laura Ruby, but I saw Bad Apple on the Border's upcoming list and figured I'd check it out. I happened to go to her website to see what other books she has and decided that Play Me didn't sound as interesting, but I'd like to read Good Girls. She has a couple books for adults and a few for kids.

Gone is the final book in the Wake trilogy--sadly. I really enjoyed the originality of the first two, and by the end of the second, Fade, I'm afraid to see what's going to happen! My mom is actually interested in starting this series. I just put Wake on hold for her!

Intertwined is another book that was just released and though I'm kind of burned out on the extreme paranormal...this one seemed pretty interesting. A guy who has four souls living in him: one who can time travel, one who can raise the dead, one who can tell the future, and one who can possess another human; I figured it'd be a good read. See how he'd fight the battle of four souls. Especially when he can't quite control them! Plus it's a series...and I love a series! The next book is Unraveled.  Showalter has a lot of books, all listed on her website, that I may want to check out in the future.

From the bookstore: (Borders)
  1. All Together Dead by: Charlaine Harris
  2. From Dead to Worse by: Charlaine Harris
  3. Dreamland by: Sarah Dessen
I have read the first books in the Sookie Stackhouse series and though it was hard to get through the last one, Definitely Dead, I enjoy the series by Charlaine Harris. The main reason I wasn't so into the last book was because of Quinn. I just don't like him. I'm a confliction of teams: Team Eric, Team Alcide, and sometimes Team Bill. The show makes it hard not to like Bill, but book Bill is--for lack of a better word--a total douche/tool!

I am a big Sarah Dessen fan, my favorite book of hers is This Lullaby! Definitely the next book of hers I'm buying! I wanted to get a book I haven't read and of the three choices (That Summer, Just Listen, and Dreamland), I decided on Dreamland

The best thing about buying books is that I don't feel in a rush to read them! But I'm getting antsy and I can't wait to read these. So after I finish my library books I won't be visiting the library until these three are done! Although my: Books I'd Like to Read list is growing!

What's in your mailbox?

No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall