29 March 2010

In My Mailbox (003)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren and it explores the contents of my mailbox or shopping bag on a weekly basis. Here's what I acquired this week:

From the library:
  1. A Season of Eden by: J.M. Warwick
  2. How to Hook a Hottie by: Tina Ferro
  3. The Lucky One by: Nicholas Sparks
I heard about A Season of Eden through YA Vampire Books blog and it sounded really interesting. I'm not much into the "drama" types of books where people start trouble knowing what they're getting their selves into...especially the adult of the book! But with the summary on the back, a small excerpt from the book, it was so well written that I could just really get into this book!
Plus, how creepy is that cover? I love it. Ha ha. 
I found a trailer for the book that is sub-par acting, quite lengthy, but worth a watch click here for the YouTube video.
Also, check out the author's blog for frequent (and I do mean frequent) contests. (Click here for the latest one.) 
I'm quite excited to read this one!


I have been looking for a book that looks quick, fun, and carefree. And most importantly...will keep my interest throughout the entire thing! I read about How to Hook a Hottie on YA Vampire Books' blog and thought it'd be just that. It's about 196 pages, so it'll be a day reader and hopefully a great follow up to A Season of Eden which seems quite dark. Tina Ferraro has written two other books that seem to be just as carefree as this one, and if I enjoy this one, I'll be putting those on my reading list! 





I am quite a big fan of Nicholas Sparks books and have only been disappointed with one: Dear John. Though I was a little bit more satisfied with how the movie end....that's for a different blog!
I picked up The Lucky One before and began reading it, I really don't remember why I stopped reading it. So I decided to pick it up again.
Mmy two favorite books of his are A Bend in the Road and A Walk to Remember. Purely amazing! I feel his earlier work completely outshines his later stuff. Which, in my opinion, is always the opposite of authors. Usually their work gets better as they continue to write. But I thoroughly enjoyed The Last Song!



I'm about 95 pages away from finishing All Together Dead by: Charlaine Harris and I'll be starting A Season of Eden as soon as I'm done!


In the list of books: if you click the authors name it'll take you to their official website; clicking the book name will take you to the Amazon.com listing!


No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall