09 May 2010

In My Mailbox (006)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren and it explores the contents of my mailbox or shopping bag on a weekly basis. Here's what I acquired over the past two weeks:
Bought or Won:
From A Thrift Store:
  1. Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross #5) by: James Patterson
  2. The Lake House by: James Patterson
  3. Elsewhere by: Gabrielle Zevin

From Big Lots:
  1. The Second Coming of Mavala Shikongo by: Peter Orner

Won:
  1. First Daughter by: Eric Van Lustbader
  2. Last Snow by: Eric Van Lustbader (signed)
I finally had a chance to go look in a thrift store that's been "under construction" for awhile. As soon as I saw the wall of books I knew I wasn't leaving empty handed. And I didn't. :) I picked through and ended up with two James Patterson books and Elsewhere that's been on a lot of blogs lately, glad it was there. Both of the James Patterson books are a part of a series I don't have but will later be getting. I do enjoy some of his books.

I've been through Big Lots' bin of books twice before and saw The Second Coming of Mavala Shikongo, but I never really thought twice about it. I enjoyed the cover enough to look at it again. I checked out Goodreads and decided that I'd go ahead and get it. Seems interesting.







I just got First Daughter and Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader in the mail today and was pleased. I really really wish I knew who I won them from so I could personally thank them. Eric signed Last Snow and I'm completely grateful for it. So if you happen to read my blog, or come across it and I won the books from you a big "Thank you"!
*Update: I finally found who I won First Daughter and Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader. Corrine from Lost For Words! Thank you so much again!! :-D

--------------------------------------------------


From the library:
  1. The Boy Next Door by: Meggin Cabot
  2. An Open Vein by: J.M. Warwick







5 comments

  1. Enjoy Elsewhere, I know I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the title of your blog -- many of my ideas come the same way. And your header and background are so pretty. Have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (laughingstars.net) Thank you! It's the title of one of Panic! At the Disco's songs, and I always wondered what it meant, and I loved the way it fit with my blog. :)

    (Good Golly Miss Holly) I've seen it around but never gave it a second thought, but it does sound good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of James Patterson, but the Lustbader books look intriguing. Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever read a Meg Cabot book but they are very popular! I will have to pick one up very soon!=)

    ReplyDelete

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall