17 May 2010

Music Monday (001)

Obviously this has nothing to do with books...but where does it say that I only have to write about books!? Music is probably a bigger passion of mine than reading & writing!

I think about every Monday I'll try to post as many songs that I'm in love with right now and let the world in! If you click the song title it'll take you to the youtube link so you can give it a listen.


  1. "If We Ever Meet Again" by: Timbaland ft. Katy Perry
  2. "Pablo Picasso" by: Citizen Cope
  3. "Sideways" by: Citizen Cope
  4. "Red" by: Daniel Merriweather
  5. "Wolves" by: Iron & Wine
  6. "This I Gotta See" by: Jason Aldean
  7. "Beautiful Distractioin" by: JoJo
  8. "State of Emergency" by: Nick Jonas and the Administration
  9. "Gypsy" by: Shakira
  10. "Can't Be Tamed" by: Miley Cyrus
  11. "Airplanes" by: B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams of Paramore
I have been playing #1 non-stop!! I am kind of obsessed with that song!
I have loved Citizen Cope for a few months now and finally got my hands on his The Clarence Greenwood Recordings album...and let me say that I'm kind of crazy about it. Especially #2 and #3!
#4 has been out for awhile but it's definitely worth a mention. I love it.
I love Iron & Wine. I have so many songs by him...but #5 aside from "Belated Promise Ring" and "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" has to be my favorite by him.
I've seen Jason Aldean in concert, and let me tell you...he is nothing short of amazing #6 is on his latest album, Wide Open and is definitely my favorite.
JoJo will always be my favorite singer...and I cannot wait until her next album is out. Fortunately for us many of the songs she's recorded have leaked and #7 is by far the best of the bunch!!
I know what you're thinking...Nick Jonas? But I have to say...I've always liked the Jonas Brothers, but Nick Jonas & The Administration are on a completely different level. This is grammy worthy stuff here. I'm in love with #8!
Okay...we all see Shakira as this beautiful exotic sex symbol, but #9 is pure love. The lyrics in this song just speak to me, and they're everything I wish I could be and do! Plus the video is amazing & the guy in it has a gorgeous smile!
I respect Miley and always will...I love #10 and think the video is beautiful. I couldn't care less about her personal life.
Okay....I listened to #11 over and over for awhile, but couldn't take much more of the song....but now that I've given myself a break I love it again. I would love to hear more of Hayley on it...but it's said and done. I can't wait for the video. P.S. "Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now." is probably the best line in history!! (Couldn't really find one where Hayley didn't sound like a chipmunk or a dude...so enjoy!!)

No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall