06 June 2010

Reading Habits. (Survey)

      From Amanda at Another Book Junkie.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack?
- If I'm eating anything while reading...it's because it's either lunch or dinner. I don't have a specific snack.

What is your favourite drink while reading?
- Water.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
- It doesn't "horrify" me, but if I want to mark a book I usually tear a piece of scrap paper & stick it in.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
- I have a book mark I made in the 3rd grade (yes, I still have it) and it's laminated. Been through a lot, but it's there. Something I do lay it flat open. But I never dog-ear.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
- I usually never read non-fiction. Honestly, I don't care about anyone's actual life.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
- I can stop anywhere as long as it's at the end of a paragraph. But I try to stop at a chapter...unless I just have to read the next chapter...then the next...and so on.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
- No, I wouldn't throw a book, but I do stop reading for a few minutes and pick it back up. I've had to stop in multiple books.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
- I usually sound it out, read around it and if I still can't figure it out, I'll look it up.

What are you currently reading?
- I haven't really started but: Two-way Street by: Lauren Barnholdt. I just bought it last week and decided amongst all of the books I own & haven't read to read that one.

What is the last book you bought?
- Two-way Street by: Lauren Barnnholdt at Border's. Their 40% off coupons are like the most amazing things!

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
- I don't want to read more than one book at once. I don't like confusing plots, especially if they're possibly similar. I give myself a day before I start another book after finishing one.

Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
- No specific time, just when I'm in the mood. I don't have a specific place either. I do most of my reading in my room though.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
- Right now I'm reading a lot of stand alones. But I do prefer series. I like the continue a story for awhile.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
- No. I don't really have a favorite. It's usually just what people ask for and I'll try and suggest something.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author's last name, etc.)
- Right now they're in order of author's last name, but I'm thinking of putting books I've read on the second shelf & one's I haven't on the top shelf...still in author's last name order. I'll most likely do this tomorrow. It seems to make more sense to me.

No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall