11 July 2013

Drama of the Week - Monstar

» Monstar | 몬스타« 

It has been far too long since I've seen a Korean drama focused on teens in high school that I LOVED. 
 So thankful for this one!! I like to think of it as a mix of the dramas School 2013 &  Dream High!
 The lead male (pictured left), Yoon Seol Chan is played by Yong Jung Hyung, a member of the kpop group, BEAST (aka B2ST)! I  had my biases within that group prior to this drama... now he may very well have taken that place!! I love him!  I'm surprised it's his first drama.
I love the sweetness, yet strength of the lead female's  character, Min Se Yi.
 I'm not the biggest fan of  the second lead male, Jung Sun Woo yet I can't bring myself to hate him.  Another actress in this drama  is a singer in one of my favorite girl groups, GLAM.  And probably my bias in GLAM; Da Hee.
 Sadly there will only be 12 episodes.  The scene of last week's episode...  crazy!  is it Friday yet!?  I'm ready for the next episode!!
Episode 9  will be aired this Friday.


Summary of the drama:
"Monstar" depicts the lives of ordinary teens who are injured psychologically and heal themselves through the power of music.Yoon Sul-Chan (Yong Joon-Hyung) is the vocalist for the group "Man in Black". He carries deep wounds within his mind, but doesn't express his feelings. Because of his hot temper, he causes trouble. His management company then orders him to carry himself as an ideal student. He joins a music band at school, while facing unexpected events.



If you'd like to watch too, and be totally hooked, check out these sites with English subtitles: Dramafever | Viki


 If you're watching this drama to,  tell me what YOU think about it!!!

No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall