01 July 2013

Monthly Favorites - JUNE!

1. BOOKS:  The Keep by Veronica Wolff
I have read and loved all three previous books in The Watchers series by Veronica Wolff. When I received the book in the mail with a paper insert saying this was the final book, I prepared myself for an epic finale... but was left with a very very open ending with too many questions for it to be the end. So I turned to Twitter to ask the wonderful Veronica Wolff herself about a next book and she responded with this...[click here]! So yeah.. I'm pretty excited! :) Read my review here.

2. BEAUTY:

  •  Wet n Wild Megalast Polish in "I Need a Refresh-Mint" (I don't think I've ever used a nail polish as frequently as this color! It is the perfect minty color without being too bright. It's subtle and perfect for the summer. I have it on along with the their polish in "On a Trip". The brush is wide and flat which is only a bonus. I hate skinny brushes!
  • Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Shimmer Palette in "Champagne Glow" (These names are ridiculous. Anyways... Though this claims to be highly pigmented, I find that you really have to get a good amount on before it starts to show. Even with that, I love the slightly rose gold color it gives for a highlight. So it looks like you have color as well as a nice glow.)
  • Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (I've mentioned before that I have oily very acne prone skin. I have used many cleansers, but have recently learned that salicylic acid doesn't work as well for me as benzoyl peroxide. I loved the premise of this being both a cleanser and mask. I have only used it as a mask once, but a cleanser every morning and love the feeling. Sometimes--for a little extra oil control, I'll use my Olay Fresh Effects Shine Shine Go Away Cleanser with it and I feel my skin is perfectly balanced all day.) 
  • Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil Free Makeup Foundation (This foundation is perfect for me. It doesn't clog my pores, feels light on the skin,is super matte, and because it has salicylic acid in it--it's fighting acne as it's hiding it. Though this specific bottle is a little too orange & dark for my skin, I mix it with my Revlon Nearly Naked foundation to get the perfect color.)
  • Garnier The Radiance Renewer Cleansing Gelée (I bought this on a whim. It was in a pump bottle, had a lot on the cover, but what drew me in was the promise of renewing dull skin and the fact that it had citric extract and hydroxy acid in it. It also says the cleanser is a "cushion-gel technology." Well, I didn't understand it until I used it. It comes out as a gel and becomes a very latherous foam that smells and feels so good. I really feel like it has been helping with the dark spots and bringing...light back to my skin!
  • Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Matifying Oil-Free Moisturizer (This stuff smells strongly [but I like it] of aloe and bamboo...because they're both ingredients. I believe that this is the first lotion that has given me moisture and actual kept me matte. I'm a sucker for packaging, and the bold yet simple box is what drew me in. I had never heard of this brand before and bought it on a hunch... plus WalGreens had it marked down to $3! I don't think they'll be selling it anymore and I wish I bought another while they had some left. But I believe that ULTA will be selling it. *crosses fingers* I'm super intrigued to try other products from this brand. The only let down is that there isn't any SPF.
  • Alpha Hydrox Cream (I read that Alpha Hydroxy cream was very good for preventing fine lines and wrinkles as well as helping scarring and dark spots. So, I bought this. I know that it's helping my acne scars heal clearing, but very very old scars and dark spots are taking longer. I will say that this stuff kind of burns when I put it on... but I don't mind. Because anything with AHA makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, you must apply a sunscreen. [I add some when I'm going outside to my Formula 10.0.6 lotion.])
3. DRAMAS:

  • Nail Shop Paris (This drama just finished, so expect a review sometime this week! By far the weirdest drama I've ever seen!!!!!!!)
  • Monstar (Ugh...!! So so good! Joon Hyung from BEAST/B2ST plays the lead, and before this drama I didn't think twice about him in B2ST... now he very well may have become my bias! He is perfect!! *currently airing* Pic to the right of Yong Joon Hyung and Ha Yeon Soo, leads.)
  • Love Around (Yay...!! Another Taiwanese drama to love. Of course, with any drama I love in the beginning... somewhere they lose steam and fall flat, but I'm crossing my fingers with this one. I love the two leads chemistry! That could also because they were in a previous drama together called Love Now....I think I need to watch it for their chemistry alone!)
4. MUSIC:
Soooo that's it. I know it's a lot, but I haven't had enough for one month since March, so I decided to combine them in this month. Next time, I'll narrow it down a bit, but this is that. ^_^"


No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall