06 November 2010

Nail Color: Merry, Merry Quite Cranberry (1)

Merry, Merry Quite Cranberry

This color is inspired by Christmas. . .Specifically cranberries! Now, I don't eat the canned cranberry "sauce" but I do enjoy a tart, fresh cranberry every once in awhile. I have been looking for a deep red color forever & could never find the right one. . .(still can't). . .So I decided to make my own and make it festive.
*Note: I name all of the color combinations I come up with so you can not find the color in stores!
Though you can't really tell by this picture, this is a very glittery color.

I will definitely be wearing this color on Christmas day, and most likely have an eyeshadow combination to match. :)

Colors you'll need*:
• AVON Nailwear Pro  in Midnight Plum (click to purchase)
• AVON Nailwear Pro in Ruby Slippers (click to purchase)
• Any good top coat in clear.

How to get this color:
  1. First and foremost, I recommend you always apply a good base coat to your nails.
  2. Apply a coat of Midnight Plum to each nail, let dry 3-5 minutes.
  3. Apply a second coat of Midnight Plum to each nail, bringing it over the edges. (This will give the end color a deeper look and last longer) Let dry 3-5 minutes.
  4. Apply a coat of Ruby Slippers to each nail, let dry 3-5 minutes.
  5. Apply a second coat of Ruby Slippers to each nail, bringing it over the edges. (You do not need to do two coats of the Ruby Slippers color, the second coat brightens it up more, giving it a redder look. If you do not do a second coat, make sure to bring the the color over the edges the first time.)
  6. Apply one coat of top coat to your nails, carrying it over the edges. 
  7. Because you have applied so many coats of polish on your nails, your nails may take longer than "normal" to dry and could smudge easily. Be careful!
I am kind of obsessed with layering nail colors and rarely ever paint my nails one color, and of course, naming them is fun as well. 
I like to paint my nails every other week, personally my nail polish color lasts a long time (I use top coat twice a week) so I don't need to do them that often.

I will be doing a Thanksgiving/Fall color soon and will show you what I did & give you the color soon!

Hope you enjoyed. Leave a comment & let me know what you think! 

If you do this color, send a picture! :-D

*If you do not have these colors or cannot order them I recommend getting a matte color in a deep plum to replace Midnight Plum and a very bright, very glittery red to replace Ruby Slippers.
Recommendations:
Midnight Plum: Scandal by Pure Ice (WalMart: click here)
Ruby Slippers: Red Glitter Nail Polish (Hot Topic: click here)
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall