20 September 2011

BLUE MOON by Alyson Noël [review]

Blue Moon by Alyson Noël


Published: July 17th, 2009 | St. Martin's Griffin
Age: Young Adult
Pages: 284
Acquired: Public Library

Overall: 1/2

Review: I wasn't completely in love with the first book, but I liked it enough to want to continue reading the series. This book took me forever to finish--not because it was bad, but because it was just slow.

I did not like Damen in the first book, and even though I felt bad for him, I still can't connect with him. In Blue Moon something strange is happening to Damen and Ever makes it her goal to figure out what is wrong with him. And even though it was quite predictable from the beginning, I still liked going along the journey with Ever as she tried to put the pieces together. (Probably because it meant less Damen).

From the beginning there was a constant pull between Ever and Damen, hinting at something bigger to come later in the book. But then the pull begins to happen with her two best friends and every one in her class, the only person paying any attention to her is the new guy, Roman. The first time he spoke, I knew he was no bueno. And I was glad Ever could tell it as well, never letting his charm take her over.

As Ever begins visiting her psychic friend Ava and the mysterious otherworld, Summerland, she begins to see that the only way to save Damen is to have never met him. And honestly, I was for this decision. I just have this feeling about him. I don't know what it is. He may turn out to be amazing in the end, I'm just not a fan now. I actually wish Noël would introduce a love triangle.

Now that Ever is more in tune with her ability to manifest anything at any time, I loved that she used it to her advantage, never being selfish. But at the same time, she only thought of one person, Damen. (gah)

Basically, I have a love/hate relationship with this series. I do enjoy the characters and the writing, but at the same time it can drag in places and I just can't get into the love relationship. Hopefully in the future books it'll pick up.


Plot:
Characters:
Ending: 1/2
Writing:
Cover:



______________________________________________


Author's Info:
Alyson Noël
was born and raised in Orange County, California, she's lived in both Mykonos and Manhattan and is now settled in Southern California where she's working on her next book. Noël is the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning, author of FAKING 19, ART GEEKS AND PROM QUEENS, LAGUNA COVE, FLY ME TO THE MOON, KISS & BLOG, SAVING ZOË and more.
You can learn more about Alyson on the following links:



Check out Alyson on her: website | twitter | goodreads | facebook | blogger
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall