28 February 2013

REVIEW: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Published: 15th November 2012
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Format: Kindle
Series: The Edge of Never, book one.
Goodreads | Amazon | Author
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.
Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?

My thoughts:
I have been obsessed with New Adult, and lately (and probably for quite some time) that's all I want to read. This is one of the books I have loved in this genre probably my second favourite, next to The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden.

This is one of those books that captivate you from the beginning and keep you on your toes as to what happens next. You know they'll be together in the end, but you don't know how, or what exactly their journey will entail. And you never expect it to be so beautiful!

This book is mainly set from Camryn's POV, but it does go back and forth between the two. You get into the minds...the very complicated minds of these characters, their emotions, their demons, their love, their fights, and their resolutions.
It's a journey that makes me want to live. It makes me want to get up and go after something. I'm not exactly sure what that thing would be, but reading someone else's story, though fictional, makes me want to just live. And I believe that is what this story was supposed to leave with you.

I was a little scared for Camryn when she decided to just go with Andrew wherever he wanted to go when their road trip began, but at the same time I was so gald she did. The people and places they ended up, especially New Orleans (my home in my heart), I loved every second.

Though the content is a bit mature, it isn't sex, sex, sex right away. They build up to romance, trying to figure out what they're doing in this journey and with their lives.

Andrew was never pushy, just very very protective. I'm not the biggest fan of bad boys, but I like guys who look like bad boys, and luckily that is Andrew.

One of my favourite scenes was when they laid on the hood of the car and let the rain fall on them. It's actually on my bucket-list to lay on the ground, in the bed of a truck or on the hood of a car while it's raining, with someone I love.

This book is a gorgeous journey that is sweet, a tiny bit of fluff, serious, heart-wrenching (especially the ending), funny, cute, just....beautiful.

I highly recommend this read. I cannot wait for the sequel. Even though this book ended in a way that was satisfying enough, the next book will be mostly from Andrew's POV, but still alternate back and forth.
I wish that I had a memorable quote. But I was so into the book I forgot to pick one!




No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall