09 January 2018

My Top 8 Worst KPOP Songs of 2017

We had some pretty good songs this year, but there were also some...not so great songs. And though I'm only listing 8, I had more but wanted to keep this simple. I would like to talk about each song and why I didn't like it! Also, because there are so few songs, I'll be putting them in order from bad to worst!


#8. Red Velvet - "Red Flavor" - click to watch MV
 First of all, this music video is terrible! This song came out in the summer, but they are so white washed. The colors and kaleidoscope effect is completely assaulting to the eyes. I cannot with the verses. They get on my ever loving nerves! I'll admit the chorus is slightly catchy...the dancing though? Hell no. Just no! No.

#7. BTS - "Best of Me" - click to listen (fanmade video)
This hurts me to put them on here--but I can't completely fault them; The Chainsmokers had a lot to do with this. I was so excited to hear they were working together, but what the actual fuck happened in the studio!? This song is so repetitive, obnoxious and just whyyyy!? This does not sound like something from The Chainsmokers or from BTS. Never again. Literally every other song on this album is gold, so I deleted it and pretended it never happened!

#6. Twice - "Signal" - click to watch MV
I just don't get it. This song is so fucking bad! I have loved Twice since their debut, however I feel like every song gets worse and worse with every comeback. The worst dance they've done, and probably one of the worst I've seen all year!! And this cheesy ass video that was weird as all fuck. JYP, what are you doing!? And that ridiculous ass bowl cut ya'll gave my girl, Chaeyoung!? *slaps hands* Bad, JYP! No! At least Tzuyu got to be in the (terrible) chorus.

#5. Twice - "Knock Knock" - click to watch MV
Oh my goodness gracious great balls of fire, I hate this MV so effing much. Why, in February do we have kids in Halloween costumes!? And just the editing in general -- *cringe* And yet another terrible dance. I know it has nothing to do with the amount of girls in the group because G. Friend, Pristin's "Black Widow"...enough said. The song just does not flow for me and I was over it before it was finished.

#4. IKON - "B Day" - click to watch MV | dance practice
What. The. Fuck. Is. This!? And that dance..... I just wanna rip my ears off! I didn't love "Bling  Bling", but at least it was tolerable. This is literally 7 guys girating with T-Rex hands and saying "wah wah wah wah". That's it. That's the whole song guys. I don't celebrate my birthday that way, so I guess I've been doing it wrong!

#3. EXO- "Power" - click to watch MV
SM, why did you do this to our boys? First you take Lay out of the equation, pissing fans off but then you give them great songs like "Ko Ko Bop" and "The Eve"... hell the whole The War album, and I was slightly okay. But you turn around and do this: Some cheap ass song in a cheap ass music video filmed 99% in front of a green screen? This song sounds like something DISNEY would have put out 5 years ago in a musical. I don't know what was going through the mind of the person who wrote it, produced it and then SM for giving it to EXO, but don't you ever do this shit again!!! I will say that Sehun looks damn good, though. 

#2. 2NE1 - "Goodbye" - click to watch MV
This was the dumbest shit! Not only did YG not need to give us this, they should not have. Telling us that one of the best girl groups were disbanding was enough, leave it at that. Why did you have to give us a sad and pathetic song from the remaining three members? That was not only a slap in their face, but in Blackjack's as well. We all deserved better. And it's a shitty song as well! I fucking hate the way the say "안녕"!! The MV is just bad and it's supposed to be all emotional, reminding us of their past. Yeah, it reminds us of their past--when they had good songs and good MVs. Fuck you kindly, YG!

#1. GOT7 - "You Are" - click to watch MV
THE MOST OBNOXIOUS SONG FROM ANY OF MY BIAS GROUPS THIS YEAR! It actually infuriates me how much I hate this song! Fuck my life this was so bad! It starts off alright, then we get this weird ass rap (from my ultimate bias) that doesn't fit with it and then the song changes styles completely and the awful chorus with the English that annoys all shit out of me! "There is not a cloud"...no NO NO NO NO! The only good thing about this whole thing is the fact that Jackson stuck with the dark hair. In fact this whole album was just terrible; "Teenager" was the only decent song and even that was questionable. GOT7, I just hope you do better (after resting *cough*JYP*cough*) in 2018!



No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall