05 April 2013

REVIEW: Wait For You by J. Lynn

Wait for You by J. Lynn
Published: 26th February 2013
Format: Kindle
Genre:  New Adult, Contemporary
Overall:
Goodreads | Amazon
Some things are worth waiting for…
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.
Some things are worth experiencing…
Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.
Some things should never be kept quiet…
But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?
And some things are worth fighting for…

My thoughts:
I was about to give up on New Adult, I was over the bad boys and the guys who were "misunderstood". I was over the relationships that spawned from underlying past feelings.... until I read Wait For You. There isn't a bad boy, he's not misunderstood... he's just a guy! And I loved that. And they didn't know each other prior to running into each other...literally.

The story flowed and paced so perfectly for me. When it got to a spot that had it's dark moments, we didn't stay there long and I didn't feel like I wanted to kick either Avery or Cam in the chest so they'd get their heads out of their asses. They fought for each other on their own and together, and brilliantly I might add.

Avery had her secret, which we pretty much learn early on, and because of that you're better able to get into Avery's head and for her to get into yours. Every decision she made was difficult, sad, happy, and beautiful. Whether it involved Cam or not.

Cam. I have never really had a crush on a book boy before, I've always thought; Oh, he's cute and he'd be perfect for her not me. Or, I'd rather he stay far far away and I'll admire him that way. But reading this book I crushed on Cam; hard. I wanted a Cam for myself. He was adorable! And perfectly imperfect.

Their relationship was the kind I think everyone should thrive for, friends first and then get romantically involved. Their back and forth banter was absolutely adorable and kind of sexy.

I have a couple complaints, (1)the misspelling/editing errors, but nothing that made me truly think too hard about it. Simple things like "So I am." instead of "So am I." (2)Avery's friend Jacob, I don't know what it was about him, but I just wasn't that big of a fan. He had his moments, but overall, I didn't miss him in this book at all. And finally, (3)the amount of times Cam says "sweetheart." I'm not big on pet names in general, but constantly call someone by the same pet name and I want to push the "mute" button.

The banter, romance, chemistry, sexy times, trouble, resolutions...everything was beautiful. I cannot wait to read more from J.Lynn (or her other writing name Jennifer L. Armentrout). There will be a second book in this series which is more of a companion than an actual continuation from what I understand. It will be about Cam's sister. I kind of wish it involved either Cam's friend Ollie or Avery's friend Brittany.

I highly recommend this one if you're looking for a New Adult that is similar to most others with but with a little bit of a light hearted flair. And an adorable guy.

Plot:
Characters:
Ending: ½
Writing:
Cover: ½

Author Info:

J. Lynn aka Jennifer L. Armentrout lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki.
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen.
Learn more on her:  Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook

No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall