02 October 2010

In My Mailbox (016)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren and it explores the contents of my mailbox or shopping bag on a weekly basis. Here's what I acquired this week:

Bought:
Velocity by Dean Koontz (website)
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (website)
Drop Dead Beautiful by Jackie Collins (website)

From the library:
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (blog-please check out her vlogs, hilarious! I just hope her quirky & charming personality is reflected in her books.)







I got the first three books at garage sales. The woman who had Velocity had an insane amount of books for sale & I had to take a step back before I got a little carried away. My mom picked up a couple books as well.
Pretties was at the first garage sale we stopped at, it's a little warped as if it's been shoved in a box for far too long...but it's still readable...so I will. I just need to get Uglies the first book in the series.
Drop Dead Beautiful was at our last garage sale and though she had many other books to rummage through...not many of them caught my eye. (I also picked up Titanic on VHS from this one...hey....I love that movie!!)


Sisters Red I haven't heard much about at all, but there was a little twitter spree with the hash tag #SistersRed going on awhile back, so I decided to put it on hold at the library & just recently "unfroze" the book...so it'll be the next book I read!!

If you've read any or all of these books PLEASE let me know what you think about them. And if you happen to have a review of them, leave the link so I can go check it out!!!

What's in your mailbox!?
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall