08 March 2013

Drama of the Week - Level 7 Civil Servant

» Level 7 Civil Servant | 7급 공무원 «

I tried to watch the first episode of this drama and gave up because it bored me. I wanted to like it because I liked the lead female, Choi Kang Hee, in Protect the Boss. But after about 20 minutes I gave up. Being addicted to Tumblr and following a few Kdrama related blogs means I get gifs, photosets and screencaps from a lot of dramas. There were plenty that kept showing up for this one, so I decided to give it another shot and ended up watching the first 8 episodes in just about 3 days! It is seriously hilarious and adorable. I thought the NIS aspect was going to be too much. Too much action, drama, yawnnn... but it actually adds to the comedy and sometimes, the drama is a nice break.
Definitely a win, and I'm going to continue watching this one!

There is romance, comedy and just enough action and drama to balance it all out. I don't necessarily see a lot of connection between the actors, but it's so adorable that I end up looking past that and just enjoy the show.
If you're a fan of the Kpop group, 2PM, you'll be happy to know the member Chansung is in this drama as well. I'm not in love with his character, but I don't mind looking at him. ;-)

Summary of the drama:
Love and espionage collide in this drama of the National Intelligence Service’s rookie agents. Han Gil Ro (Joo Won) realizes his dream of becoming an international man of mystery, after a childhood spent pouring over James Bond films. Kim Seo Won (Choi Kang Hee) spices things up as a goofy, yet determined agent, but it's not all 007 glamor. Both Gil Ro and Seo Won must learn what it takes to uphold their sworn duty, even at the sacrifice of their happiness — and lives.

If you'd like to watch too, and get totally hooked, check out these websites with English subtitles: Dramafever | Hulu


No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall