28 March 2013

REVIEW: Waiting For You by Shey Stahl

Waiting For You by Shey Stahl
Published: 13th February 2013
Format Kindle
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Overall:
Goodreads | Amazon
Bailey Gray is tired of her perfectly planned life. Everything about her life has been organized and lived out to the expectations set of her parents. She is the class valedictorian, has perfect grades, the perfect friends, a perfect boyfriend, basically perfect life...or so everyone thought. That's when she realizes the path planned isn't always the path chosen.

On graduation day she makes a decision. One that changes everything she thought she knew about her intended future.
On a whim, she runs away with the town rebel, Dylan Wade, in search of the unknown.
Dylan Wade isn't looking to run away from anything.
He knows what he wants as he's been waiting on it for years.
On a journey to find the unknown, they discover a friendship they once knew along the open highway and have not a care in the world. Between the yellow and white lines of the heated summer asphalt, a spark draws them together as Dylan's past and Bailey future try to ripe them apart.
Could it be that Dylan and his GTO are exactly what her perfectly planned life needs?

My Thoughts:
Look at that deceiving ass cover!

This book sounded like it was just the book I was looking for; New Adult, road trip, long time hidden feelings all the ingredients for a juicy read, right? Wrong. So very very wrong.

I'm not exactly sure where the turning point was for me with this book, but it happened and I wanted to throw my kindle. I was over it immediately.

I am 100% over the bad boy in books, the ass hole, the guy who thinks he can be a bossy ass because it's his car and he has some damaging secret but yet.... he "loves you"... gag me with a rusty spoon.

Bailey was one of the whiniest characters I've read in such a long time. And she sure thought about and begged for sex a lot for a girl who has never actually had sex.
Oh and that secret Dylan was holding yes, it was sad and disappointing that it was ever kept a secret, but to hold it over her head was stupid.

I feel like I need to say something good before I continue on my rant. It started out nice. I loved Bailey's spunk and "F the world" attitude...in the beginning. Basically everything in the beginning was great. Fantastic even. And then you get a chapter from Dylan and that's when everything goes very very south.

In my opinion, if you'd like a teenage version of 50 Shades of Grey (which I hated), you like bad boys and depressing climaxes, this is the book for you. For me.. not so much!

I don't think I'll be reading anything else from Shey Stahl anytime soon.

Plot:
Characters:
Ending:
Writing:
Cover:


Author Info:
Shey Stahl is a romance writer who enjoys writing about racing and a good love story that will sweep you off your laughing ass. Growing up she was surrounded by racing watching her dad at the local Northwest tracks.
Writing wasn't something she thought she would ever do but when a rough pregnancy landed her on bed rest three years ago, a passion was discovered. Now, aside from chasing around her little princess with magical powers, it's rare for her to put down the pen.
Currently Shey is finishing up her series, Racing on the Edge, that follows a dirt track racer on his rapid rise to the glitz and glamour of NASCAR and the family who supports him.
More on her: website | twitter | goodreads

No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall