26 March 2013

MUSIC REVIEW: Justin Timberlake - 20/20 Experience

Justin Timberlake - "20/20 Experience (Target Deluxe Edition" [Album]
Rating: ½
Genre: Pop/R&B/Soul
Language: English
Tracklisting:
1. Pusher Love Girl
2. Suit & Tie feat. JAY Z
3. Don't Hold The Wall
4. Strawberry Bubblegum
5. Tunnel Vision
6. Spaceship Coupe
7. That Girl
8. Let The Groove Get In
9. Mirrors
10. Blue Ocean Floor
11. Dress On (Target Exclusive)
12. Body Count (Target Exclusive)

My Thoughts:
It has been far too long since Justin Timberlake released anything, so as soon as I found out he had an album coming up, I knew I had to get it. I ended up purchasing this the day it came out at Target (so I could get the two bonus songs).

 I wasn't 100% sold with "Suit & Tie" (it's grown on me), but I didn't care. I needed an album with pages that had his face and a cd with his voice!
Luckily most of the other songs are soo much better. Like my two current favourites, "Mirrors" and "Blue Ocean Floor". When I first heard "Mirrors," there was something about it that pulled me in and when I actually learned the lyrics and say the music video for it, it immediately became my favorite. "Blue Ocean Floor" has a different vibe than anything he's ever released--not just on this album; and it fits into that alternative style genre that is actually my favorite kind of music. I still don't fully understand the song, but I don't care. It's beautiful and tranquil.

"Let the Groove Get In" and "Strawberry Bubblegum" are ones I find myself playing frequently at work, the upbeat, fun vibe of the songs keep me moving and working quickly.

I'll admit I was a little disappointed there were only 12 songs on the deluxe album, but with the length of each song (most 6+ minutes) it feels like an album of 20 songs. Recently Justin stated that this was only part one of more songs to come. I'll be picking that up the day it's released as well (and possibly an extra copy for a giveaway!! ^_^").

I only gave it 4½ stars only because the entire album doesn't have a repeat listen factor so much as a select few: "Mirrors," "Blue Ocean Floor," "Let the Groove Get In," "Strawberry Bubblegum," "Tunnel Vision," and "Dress On."

Is it worth it to buy the Target copy for two extra songs? In my opinion, yes. One the covers are different and you can actually see his face, though out of focus... his face! and two, I love "Dress On" and feel like "Body Count" has a feel reminiscent of his first album, "Justified."

Have you listened to JT's new album? What do you think? What are your favourite songs?

Bonus video:
Check out his music video for "Mirrors". I may have shed a tear or two, and didn't quite understand why. It's beautiful and perfect beyond words!!


2 comments

  1. Nice review! I love the album although I agree the whole thing isn't repeatable. My favorite songs are Don't Hold The Wall, Let The Groove Get In, Mirrors and Blue Ocean Floor. I'll admit I didn't like B.O.F. at first but once I played it again and really listened to it I loved it. I just have the regular copy, they were $7 at wal-mart lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to go to Wal-Mart until I read that the one at Target had two bonus songs, and for $2 more, I figured it was more thanw worth it.

      He's announced that this is only part one... so I'm excited for the next album!! :)

      Thanks for visiting & commenting!
      ♥ Shanise

      Delete

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall