18 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (011)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. I try to have books that are coming out in the next few months.


I had a hard time choosing between two books, so I decided on the one with two covers I love. The second cover [with the read mask] is the kindle edition cover. There is a 3rd cover listed, but I'm not a fan of it, personally. This book is a 2012 YA Debut, so add it to your list! :)


Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould
Release Date: March 13th, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 272
Genre: YA Historical Fiction

Venice, 1585.
When 16-year-old Laura della Scala learns that her older sister, Beatrice, has drowned, she is given no time to grieve. Instead, Laura's father removes her from the convent where he forcibly sent her years earlier and orders her to marry Beatrice's fiancé, a repulsive old merchant named Vincenzo. Panicked, Laura betrays a powerful man to earn her way into the Segreta, a shadowy society of women who deal in only one currency—secrets. The Segreta seems like the answer to Laura's prayers. The day after she joins their ranks, Vincenzo is publicly humiliated and conveniently exiled. Soon, however, Laura begins to suspect that her sister's death was not a tragic accident but a cold-blooded murder—one that might involve the Segreta and the women she has come to trust.


Why I'm excited:
Contemporary Fiction will always be my favorite genre, but I also like reading about history. So, it stands that I'd love historical fiction. I'd prefer it in more of a contemporary fashion, but I love paranormal as well. This one seems to be in more of a contemporary fashion, meaning no paranormal... but I wouldn't be surprised if it was paranormal with the way that summary is written.
There are a few YA Historical Fiction novels coming out this year that I'm quite excited for but I decided to spotlight this one!

What book are you excited for this week!? Let me know, please! :)

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall