17 January 2013

REVIEW : The Secret of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen

The Secret of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen
Published: 4th October 2012
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Format: Kindle
Series: The Secret, book one.
goodreadsamazon | author
Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.
Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.
Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.

My Thoughts:
This book started off simply amazing. It was one of the best prologues I've ever read! But, it began to slow down for me. It didn't bring me in as much as that one section of the book.
Even though it wasn't as amazing as I'd had hoped, the book was still really really good.

I won't rehash the summary, and just get straight into it.
I've been wanting to read this book since I heard about it back in August, and I finally was able to get my hands on it.

I loved that Ella and Micha's relationship wasn't really a "will-they-won't-they" style and more along the lines of when will they! Micha was always there for Ella while they were growing up and their relationship crossed a line that Ella wasn't 100% ready for, but it was obvious that even though she was scared, she felt just as strong.

There was a part of the book, a person in the book that--though I did like him--I didn't feel like his storyline was necessary. And it felt like it was thrown in there as a filler, but it didn't annoy me, just something that didn't feel necessary.

I loved how Micha wasn't the "bad boy" he just was...him. I'm 1000% over the whole bad boy thing in the books that it's no longer even remotely attractive! [Please, stop authors.]
He was sweet, sexy, rough and fun.

Ella was a bit of everything, trying to hide behind her new identity, but her old self kept exposing herself at the most perfect times.

I do wish there was a bit of comedy in this, but I liked it nonetheless.

Memorable Quote:
"The scream that leaves my mouth could shatter the world's happiness into a thousand pieces. But the silence that follows it is enough to dissolve it completely." - Ella

I give it a solid 3½ , stars...er...owls! :)
[I really need to make "half" owls. lol.]



½

No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall