09 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Since You Asked by Maurene Goo

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine,
that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

________________________________________

Since You Asked... by Maureen Goo
YA Contemporary | Scholastic | 272 pages
Expected Publication: July 2013
goodreads | author
A humorous, debut novel about a Korean-American teenager who accidentally lands her own column in her high school newspaper, and proceeds to rant her way through the school year while struggling to reconcile the traditional Korean values of her parents with contemporary American culture.

If it's not obvious yet, I'm a bit obsessed with Kpop, Kdramas, and anything Korean. Give me a contemporary book about a Korean girl... And I'm sold!  I love the bright cover and adorable font.
I just hope there's some Korean in the book. It'd be awesome if it were in Korean, but I'm sure it'll be more reader friendly and use romanization.
Unfortunately there aren't any reviews yet, so I can't even get a feel for the book based on those. But I'm excited!!
And if you're doing the 2013 debut author challenge, go ahead and add this to your list!

Are you waiting on Since You Asked...?


No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall