10 July 2014

Drama of the Week - Fated to Love You [Korean Version]


» Fated to Love You  |  운명처럼 널 사랑해«


I've watched the original Taiwanese version of this drama and absolutely loved it. In fact it's probably my second favorite Taiwanese drama [right after Devil Beside You]. When I read that there would a Korean version, I was both nervous and excited. I feel like Korean dramas just aren't as free as Taiwanese ones... especially in the touchy feely, sexy, lovey dovey parts.

I've watched the first two episodes and I can tell I will like it, but I'm still not sure if I'll love it. I don't feel like the lead male fits the part. [I think that Choi Jin Hyuk would have been better as the lead and not a second character, or Goong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook, So Ji Sub, Cha Seung Won...] Although it could just be his hair. In the original the lead is said to have "curly hair"...(well, it's not) so I guess they were going for that sort of statement.

Either way, I just hope this lives up to the original! Have you started watching? And have you watched the original? (If not, get on it! Watch the original on Dramafever, Viki, Hulu.)

Summary of the drama:
Making a mistake after having way too many drinks can change everything. Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk) is the successor to a large company run by his family. Kim Mi Young (Jang Na Ra) is an average-looking secretary in a law firm who earned the nickname “Post-It” for her inability to say no to her colleagues who dump work on her. When the two cross paths one night after having too much to drink, they end up having a one-night stand. When Mi Young finds out afterwards that she is pregnant, what will become of them? And will Nam Se Ra (Wang Ji Won) and Daniel (Choi Jin Hyuk) just stand by and let Gun and Mi Young deal with the situation in their own way? “Fated to Love You (Korean Version)” is a 2014 South Korean drama series that is a remake of the popular 2008 Taiwanese drama by the same title.

This drama is posted every Wednesday and Thursday.
If you'd like to watch too, and get totally hooked, check out these websites with English subtitles: Viki



1 comment

  1. Jin hyuk acting is comparable to Jang hyuk. Both are so cute and hot! Can't wait for the next episode every week!

    ReplyDelete

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall