15 October 2012

REVIEW: Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy by Tammara Webber
Published: May 25th, 2012
Format: Kindle
Genre:New Adult, Contemporary

Rating:

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.
When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

My thoughts:
I wasn't completely aware of the genre New Adult or it's premise, but I'm completely hooked now!

Jacqueline follows her boyfriend to his college choice and soon after he decides he wants to end their three year relationship. She goes to a frat party and when she leaves early, she's approached by one of her ex's friends and he does the unthinkable--he tries to rape her. That's when a mysterious and very cute guy saves her and she soon begins to see him everywhere.

At the beginning of this book, I was instantly hooked and loved Jacqueline's voice. She was a normal girl yet still had a  bad ass side and the vulnerable side. Even after her idiot boyfriend dumps her, she took her wallowing period and then pushed forward, showing that going to a school that wasn't her choice at all wasn't a completely bad decision.

Jacqueline's roommate initiates OBBP--aka Operation Bad Boy Phase--and suggests she go after Lucas (mystery boy who saved her) to let go of her creep ex. But she isn't sure it can just be a phase once she meets and gets to know Lucas. However guarded he may be, there's still something about him that pulls her in.
And pulls me in.

I liked Lucas a lot. But yet, there was something about him that I just didn't completely connect with. I felt like there was something in his character that still left me wanting more. That I wasn't 100% with him, maybe he slightly creeped me out or I just loved him. I'm just not sure. However I loved how protective he was of Jacqueline and how much he genuinely cared about him. But again, at the same time, it made me nervous for some reason. Then again he had this whole sexy vibe thing going that made me a little hot for him.

Jacqueline is the kind of protagonist I would call a heroine. Someone whose words spoke to me. Whose fight made me feel lucky to be a woman. I kind of want to take self-defense classes myself.
This book with it's very thick thread of rape has made me very aware of those around me. It's just something that happens too often and sadly the person(s) responsible just aren't held accountable like they should be.

I'm glad the girls in this book are able to speak up and fight.

Though I didn't fall in love with this book, I did like it a lot. There were sexy parts, sweet moments, a little mystery, strong female voices and cute guys. All high points for me in a contemporary novel!
I may just have to try out her other books.
Go ahead and give this book a try! ^_^"





No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall