03 October 2012

REVIEW: Intangible by J. Meyers

Intangible by J. Meyers
Published: January 31st, 2012
Acquired: For Review
Format: Kindle
Genre:Young Adult, Paranormal

Rating:
goodreads | amazon | website
Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they've helped those in need on the sly. They've always thought of their abilities as being a gift.
Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they've always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it

My thoughts:
Before I get into this review, I will say that I did not finish this book.
That being said, I will solely base this review on how I felt about what I read and why I didn't finish it.

Going into the book you're thrown immediately into italics and I was unsure if this was a flashback, a dream, thoughts, or what exactly until L:uke wakes up & I learn that it is, in fact, a dream. Or better yet, a vision of his. One about his twin sister Sera (short for Seraphina) and her impending death. Soon after we're in Sera's head as she heads to the hospital to heal a dying woman who is a mother of one of her classmates. And then shortly after that we're in someone else's head who is neither Sera nor Luke. And with that I was kind of annoyed. There was just too much going on for me.

It may also be that I haven't been in the mood for paranormal, but I couldn't get into this no matter how much I tried.

The concept was there, I would like to be able to have the ability to heal people with the touch of my hands and to push thoughts in someone's head. But the way both of their abilities were handled seemed jumbled to me.

I wished that maybe it was just the siblings with back & forth chapters instead of randomly throwing you into someone's head.

The writing was fairly intriguing despite not completely gripping me.

I hope that J. Meyers write another book soon on one character because I think I'd definitely be a lot more interested.

There are tons of positive reviews on goodreads, if you'd like to check those out!





No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall