16 October 2012

REVIEW: Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling
Expected Publication: October 17th, 2012 by Te Da Media
Acquired: For review
Format: ARC Kindle
Genre:  Young Adult, Contemporary

Rating: ½

Why the hell can’t chicks be more like guys?
That question plagues high school senior Sam Cruz. Sam is perfectly happy being a player. He just wishes girls wouldn’t change the game from sex to relationships. It makes him look like an asshole. But when Sam’s best friend, Ally Klinger, gets dumped, she begs him to transform her into someone who can screw around then screw off. No risk of heartbreak that way. It’s Sam’s chance to create the perfect female AND cheer up his best friend. Armed with Sam’s Three Step Guide to Backseat Success, Ally gets the game better than Sam thought she would and before long, Sam has his wish: the female version of himself. Too bad it’s driving him nuts. Told from Sam’s and Ally's alternating POVs, Sam Cruz’s Infallible Guide to Getting Girls is a fast-paced romantic comedy that follows these teens as they navigate the minefield of sex, love, and friendship.
This book contains strong language, drinking, euphemisms, and lots of “bow chicka wow wow.”

My thoughts:
I am always a bit nervous accepting "self-pub" books, but I'm glad I did with this one. From page one this book was fun and fluffy. Which, a lot of the time I just need. Just a good fun book that keeps my interest and doesn't make me figure out equivalents of math problems in their relationship. Just say what you feel, shit!

This. Was. Fun.

Okay, I'll stop using that work.

Sam Cruz is the kind of guy a lot of guys are lately. He likes to have fun, have sex, and no commitment. He's got his friends and doesn't need much else. Like his best friend Ally. She's the exact opposite of Sam. And when she gets dumped by her boyfriend, she decides to take Sam's initiative and just have fun... lots and lots of fun.

The comedy in this book was quick witted and if you weren't paying attention it would could very well go over your head. I loved that. I love quick wit sarcasm. But I really loved their relationship with each other. They managed to stay friends and have each others backs for as long as they could remember. Sam even considering Ally's mom--in a way--his own mom.

While Sam begins to help Ally in her new mission and lifestyle, it's obvious feelings are going to change a long the way somewhere. And honestly I didn't expect what happened to be what changed those feelings.

There really wasn't a single moment I was bored. The comedy, the romance, the sexy times. Everything kept my interest. I wouldn't mind if there was a bit more sexy times.

This book is short, sweet and fun.

Read it!

I'll definitely be checking out her other work. And you should too. But first, watch this adorable trailer for the book and then read it when it comes out October 17th!


No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall