29 August 2014

MOVIE REVIEW: Divergent 2014

Divergent

Theater Release Date: 21st March 2014
Available on DVD/Blu-Ray: Yes
Overall:
Watched on: DVD from Redbox

   Starring:
Shailene Woodley - Tris
Theo James - Four
Ashley Judd - Natalie
Jai Courtney - Eric


Review: This is yet another book-to-movie adaptation in which I have not read the original. But unlike Vampire Academy, I've tried to read this one, but couldn't get into it.
This genre I enjoy more through film rather than reading. Even though I hadn't read the book, I knew I wanted to watch the movie. That was mainly because of Theo James and Shailene Woodley.
But despite my decision--albeit shallow--to watch, I ended up greatly enjoying the movie. The progression of the film felt nicely pced. I could keep up and knew what was going on. Especially with the distractions going on around me during the beginning of the film.
I loved the world that was created within the film--te vividness--making it feel real. The acting from Shailene was amazing. She became Tris. There is a specific scene where she absolutely blew me away!! I need to watch every other movie she's been in since Secret Life!
After watching her in (the horrible show_ Secret Life of the American Teenager, I didn't know what to expect. But it's obvious that the role she is given is the role she will play.
Theo James, aka Four. . . eye candy!! I loved him in this role. I felt like his strong face and personality fit who Four is supposed to be.
The chemistry between Theo and Shailene was palpable and believable.
I cannot wait for the next installment. I still don't have any desire to read the boo but maybe in the future that will change.
All I know is that this movie was a visually stimulating great time!



Have you seen this movie!? What did you think? How did it compare to the books!?


Movie Trailer:



More on: Official Website | IMDb | Wikipedia | Goodreads



No comments

Post a Comment

Show a bit of love and let me know what you think! *HUGS* ^_^~

© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall