24 August 2010

Review: "Imprinted Souls" by Daniele Lanzarotta

Imprinted Souls by Daniele Lanzarotta

Released: June 13th, 2010
Publisher: Rocket Science Productions, LLC
Age: Young Adult
Pages: 195
Overall:
Challenge: 2010 Debut Author | The Story Siren
Acquired: Library
Summary: Entrapped in her grief and sorrow, Lexi roams through life with no purpose. She has not been the same ever since an accident took away her High School boyfriend and soul mate. For a while, Lexi could still feel Matt with her and the dreams reassured her that they were still connected, but with time, the dreams started to fade and the pain of his absence deepened. She was convinced that he was gone, and with him, so was part of her soul, the part of her soul that had been imprinted by Matt. It would take a different type of imprint to bring Lexi back to life, but that imprint would come with a price. The dangers of being with a vampire who still has strong ties to his human life, and the possibility of losing what is left of her connection with her one and true soul mate, Matt; a hidden connection that still lives within the shadows of what is left of her soul.


Summary: I wouldn’t have known about this book if it weren’t for goodreads “giveaway page”. I read about it and it sounded really interesting. Unfortunately it’s only available online, so I asked the library to order it.

When I got it home, I realized how absolutely small it is—195 pages. So you could end up reading this book in a few hours.

So much happens in the first 100 pages that you don’t really have time to get to know the other characters. I had a hard time deciding if I liked Tyler or if I felt Matt was someone she should be mourning deeper.

In about 120 pages, she goes to Italy, meets two vampires, falls in love, loses someone close to her, and moves to New York—originally from Florida. Basically you don’t have time to really think too much. Which to be honest, I liked. I never felt like the book was dragging on, and even though so much happens in such a short span of time I didn’t feel like there needed to be much more said.

I’m sure some of you would like me to compare this to Twilight (or any other popular vampire book), but guess what….I’m not! You’ll have to read for yourself. This is such a quick read. I enjoyed it and am excited for the sequel, Bloodlust, can’t wait to see what happens. I enjoy the quick read of this one, but I kind of hope that there’s more depth and emotion.



Plot:
Characters:
Ending:
Writing:
Cover:
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall