07 August 2010

Smitten on Saturday (001)

Smitten on Saturday is hosted by fellow blogger and friend, Amanda at Another Book Junkie. You find your favorite book to tv or movie character you're smitten with and talk about him/her. It doesn't have to be some hot hunk...just someone who's close to your heart!

This week I've chosen :

Noah Calhoun!!

He's from the book The Notebook by: Nicholas Sparks. And the movie adaptation of the same name....as if you didn't already know that!
It has been awhile since I've read the book, but there are parts I do remember.
I loved that Noah never wanted to give up on Allie, because he knew their love was real.
The movie is one of my favorite movies...ever. I watch it at lease once a week.
Both Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling did an amazing job in the movie, sometimes I still get choked up watching.

Fave quote from the movie: "Well, that's what we do, we fight. You tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you're being a pain in the ass. Which you are. 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have, like a two second rebound rate and you're back doing the next pain in the ass thing."
"So, what?"
"So it's not going to be easy, it's going to be really hard. And we're gonna have to work at this every day. But I want to do that, 'cause I want you. I want all of you, forever...you and me...everyday."

And yes, that is from memory! The entire scene is in the youtube video here. But that actual line doesn't start until about 1:15 into the video.
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall