04 August 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (006)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This isn't something that I will try to do every week especially if there's a book I really want to let people know about. I try to have books that are coming out within the next couple months, like this one!



The Water Wars by: Cameron Stracher

Release Date: January 1st, 2011
Summary (goodreads.com): Welcome to a future where water is more precious than gold or oil-and worth killing for
 Vera and her brother Will live in the shadow of the Great Panic, in a country that has collapsed from environmental catastrophe. Water is hoarded by governments, rivers are dammed, and clouds are sucked from the sky. But then Vera befriends Kai, who seems to have limitless access to fresh water. When Kai suddenly disappears, Vera and Will set off on a dangerous journey in search of him-pursued by pirates, a paramilitary group, and greedy corporations. Timely and eerily familiar, acclaimed author Cameron Stracher makes a stunning YA debut that's impossible to forget.


____________________________________________________

I had heard about this book form another book blogger. There was a poll to choose the cover of this upcoming dystopian novel.
I don't know which of the cover options I voted for, but I think I liked this one....
I haven't read many dystopian novels and they always sound interesting. It looks like there are a lot coming out in 2011, and a good amount are debut novels. So I'm excited to start the challenge again, hosted by The Story Siren. I should get my list together.

I love the idea of dystopian novels, they're some of the most original and interesting story ideas.
What dystopian have you read and loved? I need suggestions!
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall