29 July 2010

Booking Through Thursday (001)

Which fictional character (or group of characters) would you like to spend a day at the beach with? Why would he/she/they make good beach buddies?
Credit goes here.

This is kind of hard, I only just recently really got into reading, so I only have a hundred read books or so, and some of them, the characters I wouldn't care to be around.
But I did pick out a few

Jessica Darling and  Marcus Flutie from the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty. Jessica and Marcus are probably the smartest yet laid back people I've ever come across in a book. Jessica is this crazy sarcastic chick...kind of like me (including the whole Atheist thing...no disagreements). And Marcus is super chill and kind of "out there"...again like me.
But it'd be kind of awkward right....I need a cutie.
Insert Alex Fuentes  from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. This is how I imagine him (and how he looks in the Rules of Attraction trailer). The "Alex" in the Perfect Chemistry trailer just isn't all that cute. (He's also in the Katy Perry "Hot 'n Cold" music video - here.)

Anyways....the Jessica Darling series is probably one of my top fave series I've read thus far.
The Perfect Chemistry one, is up there....but not necessarily my top fave.

Simone Elkeles' website: here.
Megan McCafferty's website: here.

---------

What fictional characters would you bring to the beach?
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall