21 July 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (005)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This isn't something that I will try to do every week especially if there's a book I really want to let people know about. I try to have books that are coming out within the next couple months, like this one!






Torment (Fallen #2) by: Lauren Kate

Release Date: September 28th, 2010
Summary (goodreads.com): "How many lives do you need to live before you find someone worth dying for? In the aftermath of what happened at Sword & Cross, Luce has been hidden away by her cursed angelic boyfriend, Daniel, in a new school filled with Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. Daniel promises she will be safe here, protected from those who would kill her. At the school Luce discovers what the Shadows that have followed her all her life mean - and how to manipulate them to see into her other lives. Yet the more Luce learns about herself, the more she realizes that the past is her only key to unlocking her future...and that Daniel hasn't told her everything. What if his version of the past isn't actually the way things happened...what if Luce was really meant to be with someone else?"


______________________________


I have read the first book in this series, Fallen, and really liked it. It's a book that I still think about, especially the good parts. There were a lot of people who did not like this book, but a lot who did. I guess it's just opinion. You can't take someone elses review to heart. You'll have to find out for your self. I am someone who thinks too much when it comes to reading, but I really enjoyed it. So just read it and judge for yourself.
I've been ready for this book since the second I finished Fallen. I can't wait to see where Luce and Daniel go and if the cycle has been broken. And I'd like to know more about that ending. Very...different.
P.S. I love the covers. Especially this one. I can't tell if that's like an undershirt or back tattoos. Anyways. I want her hair. lol.
If you have an ARC I'd like it.....lol....but really. Give it! :)
Of course when you read reviews of Torment they'll be positive because they're from the people who liked Fallen


-----I love checking out your WoW, so comment?
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall