18 July 2010

Books to Pine For (002)

Books to Pine For (BtPF) is a meme from The Story Siren & it's basically a post that shows the upcoming, unreleased books you're most excited about. I did one back in April & feel it's way overdue for another one! So I'm picking about twelve books this time! Yeah, it's a lot!


 Elixir by: Hilary Duff | [October 12, 2010]
  The summary of this book seems like there is going to be a lot going on in it. At first it seems like it'll be another hollywood written books, but then it seems like it has a paranormal twist to it. So I'm excited to read it. I really like that cover.

Desires of the Dead by: Kimberly Derting | [March 15th, 2011]
  The first one in the series, The Body Finder, was actually really good. Especially the ending. I'd like to see that in a movie. :) Yes, it was kind of predictable, but a good predictable. I can't wait to see where Violet & Jay end up...and where they'll go if this isn't the last in the series.

The Legacy by: Gemma Malley | [September 6th, 2010]
   Not going to lie, not completely sure what this books is about...but I know that I've read the summary numerous times & I want to read it. I do know that it's a dystopian and I just don't read enough of those. Have an ARC? Was it good? No spoilers. :-P



Delirium by: Lauren Oliver | [February 1st, 2011]
 Not going to lie...I really did not like Lauren Oliver's 2010 debut book, Before I Fall, I just felt so annoyed through out the book. But this one is another dystopian and seems like it may just keep my interest. I love that cover and the font too.

Unraveled by: Gena Showalter | [August 31st, 2010]
  Unraveled is the second  book in a series, the first one is Intertwined. The book had it's up and downs but in the end I enjoyed it and couldn't wait for more. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of this cover. I love the Intertwined cover however. I know that Gena Showalter has written quite a few books & I'd love to read some of them. The covers for her Lords of the Underworld series are hot!! :)

Halo by: Alexandra Adornetto | [August 31, 2010]
 Another book about angels....this is probably my third one I'd have read. I may not believe in angels or a god but it's no different than a book about vampires right? Right. I do love the cover. I think it's gorgeous. Of course there's a love story...and who can refuse a good paranormal love story. Not me!


The Julian Game by: Adele Griffin | [August 26th, 2010]
  Come on....the cover. But I will say the summary doesn't seem to be that dark. Who knows. All I know is I like the cover. :)

XVI by: Julia Karr | [January 6th, 2011]
  Yes, another dystopian. This one is about the year 2150 & a girl has to find her assumed dead father. This is the farthest into the future I have seen so far in my dystopian list. Can't wait to check it out.

 Bad Taste in Boys by: Carrie Harris | [July 11th, 2011]
 The cover is enough to make me want to read. If it weren't for the name of the book I'd think that was sugar on her lips....no I'd say salt. This books is about zombies & I just have not read enough zombie books. Like vampires you can throw many spins on them. And it's set in high school. Hot football playing zombies...yeah this is an anticipated one.



Notes From the Blender by: Brendan Halpin, Tricia Cook | [October 26th, 2010]
  The kind of thing you would absolutely dread happening. Your parent marrying your high school crushes parent. Seems like a funny yet dramatic read. 

Cryer's Cross by: Lisa McMann | [February 8th, 2011]
  I have read the Wake Trilogy by Lisa McMann and really liked them. I'm hoping they're turned into movies. I will say that I am a fan of Miley Cyrus, but I just don't see her as Janie. This one is another paranormal book but also a darker book. Hopefully the MC is just as likable as Janie.

You by: Charles Benoit | [September 1st, 2010]
  I have posted this book in a "Waiting on Wednesday" post and I am still quite excited for it. I don't know about it being written in second person. Because, like the title, you will here "you" instead of "I" or the MC's name. Yeah...it'll probably get confusing at first. But anyways...sounds pretty good!


__________________________________________________

Do you have any books that you're pining over? 
Post your link in the comments!
If you have read any of these books (lucky duck), then let me know what you thought of them.


_________________________________________

**I have a poll to figure out what I should read next. To vote, click here & post in the comments. 




© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall