27 July 2010

Re-Create a Cover | "You Wish" by Mandy Hubbard

Okay, I've done a contest for the The Princess Bookie before...with quite upsetting results. So I'm going to do another one & hope that things work out.
This contest is to re-create the cover of the book You Wish by Mandy Hubbard.
You can read all the details here.

After the contest I'll post the others I worked on.

My cover:


Picture credit goes to: m1kikey on DeviantART.
Made with Photofiltre.
(click to enlarge)















Original Cover:
Summary for You Wish by Mandy Hubbard:
What if all your wishes really came true?

Kayla McHenry’s sweet sixteen sucks! Her dad left,
her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy
Kayla’s secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles,
Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually
came true. Because they never freakin’ do.

Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink
My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year’s
supply of gumballs arrives. A boy named Ken with
a disturbing resemblance to the doll of the same
name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla’s wishes-past
appear, they take her on a wild ride . . . but they
MUST STOP. Because when she was fifteen? She
wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is
her best friend’s boyfriend.

___________________________________

So. What do you think of mine?
So, so?
Yeah, not my best. But there's not much you can do with a book that already has a cover that fits perfectly for the book....
© Iridescent Lotus
Maira Gall